The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle
An edition with TEI P4 markup, expressed in XML and translated to XHTML1.1 using XSLT.
Welcome to my on-line edition of the Chronicle.
At present, only the "A" text is reliable. The "B" text has completed its' first check. The remaining texts are unchecked, and have known defects (e.g. missing verse annals).
The "Common Stock" is a test of web presentation methods only.
- 6 Aug 2007
- Completed first-pass checking of "C" text
- 13 Dec 2006
- Fixed collation for manuscripts ABCDE
- 4 Dec 2006
- Moved to new site and changed contact email address
- 22 Jan 2006
- Removed dynamic XSLT version
- Added navigation bars to all pages
- 30 Dec 2005
- Completed first-pass checking of "B" text
- Internet Explorer 6.0 and 7.0 work OK.
- Firefox 1.5 (XP) and Mozilla 1.7.12 (Linux) now render the html correctly, but there are a number of problems described below.
- Opera 9.02 (XP) works OK
- Not checked with other browsers yet.
- Empty HTML tags cause XSLT to hang. Notably <div> and <script>. Temporarily fixed by adding a "."
Copyright © 1996-2006, Tony Jebson <email@example.com>,
all rights reserved. Last modified 6th August 2007.